Are you looking to start a career you love with a local, 100% employee-owned company?
LUMBERMEN’S IS HIRING!
These days, every company seems to be hiring. Why work for Lumbermen’s?
- We’re committed to those who count on us. That includes our employee-owners, customers, and vendors.
- We strive to do the right thing in every interaction, even when it’s hard. We’re not perfect, but we aim to be better each day and learn from our mistakes.
- We exercise sound business practices, dealing ethically and honestly in all circumstances in order to ensure our continued success – and yours as well.
- We’re willing to put in the work to earn consideration from those we interact with, seeking to build trust and strong relationships.
Our People Make Lumbermen’s A Great Place to Work!
- Jenny Meyer, Customer Service Representative – Entry Door Division
- Years of service: 2 1/2
- What brought you to Lumbermen’s? I spent several years at another company before taking time off to be with my son who needed full time medical attention. I did some part time work in construction, doing mostly odd jobs and painting. I was aware of Lumbermen’s but wasn’t really sure what the company was about. When it was time for me to re-join the work force, I heard about a job opening through a family friend who also works in the Door Division. I was in the right place at the right time.
- What keeps you here? I grew up in this industry, so I’m not sure I can ever leave. Before I was even old enough to have a job, I would spend weekends with my dad in the shop while he was building interior doors. And my co-workers. They are a crazy bunch that I cannot make it through the day without. Lumbermen’s as a whole treats you like family rather than a number in a corporation.
- What is your favorite summertime activity? I love pontoon rides, campfires, working in my garden, and of course being outside enjoying a nice cold beverage on my deck.
What about benefits? Here’s what you’ll get (full-time employee owners):
- A positive, team-oriented and family-focused work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and wellness time
- $250 annual clothing allowance for employee owners in warehouse/production/transportation roles ($350 for field service installers)
- Medical and dental insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MI
- Company-paid term life insurance through Mutual of Omaha (voluntary also available)
- Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- Vision insurance through VSP
- 401k through The Principal
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous COMPANY-FUNDED ESOP retirement benefit (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Access to free and confidential support through The SOURCE (learn more here: grsource.org)
- Opportunities to grow
- Access to the tools and resources you need to do your job well
Want to learn more about current opportunities?