Are you looking to start a career you love with a local, 100% employee-owned company?
LUMBERMEN’S IS HIRING!
These days, every company seems to be hiring. Why work for Lumbermen’s?
- We’re committed to those who count on us. That includes our employee-owners, customers, and vendors.
- We strive to do the right thing in every interaction, even when it’s hard. We’re not perfect, but we aim to be better each day and learn from our mistakes.
- We exercise sound business practices, dealing ethically and honestly in all circumstances in order to ensure our continued success – and yours as well.
- We’re willing to put in the work to earn consideration from those we interact with, seeking to build trust and strong relationships.
Our People Make Lumbermen’s A Great Place to Work!
Kayla and Joe Burton are married Employee Owners. Joe recruited Kayla!
Joe, what is your role at Lumbermen’s: My current roles include Lead Countertop Installer and Trainer.
How long have you been here? A year and a half.
What’s your favorite part of working at Lumbermen’s? Everything equally. I enjoy all aspects very much.
What prompted you to refer Kayla to apply? The position became available she was looking for something new and, with how much I enjoy the company, it seemed like a good fit.
Kayla, why did you want to join Lumbermen’s? I saw how much Joe enjoyed working here. Also, I was in the process of looking for a new job when I came across the job. It just worked out.
What is your role? Accounts Receivable Associate
How long have you been here? Three months
What is your favorite thing to do when you are not at work? Spend time with family and our kitties.
For both of you, what is the best new recipe you’ve tried? Definitely Tuscan chicken. We’ve made it quite a few times in the last year.
What about benefits? Here’s what you’ll get (full-time employee owners):
- A positive, team-oriented and family-focused work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and wellness time
- $250 annual clothing allowance for employee owners in warehouse/production/transportation roles ($350 for field service installers)
- Medical and dental insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MI
- Wellness program
- Company-paid term life insurance through Mutual of Omaha (voluntary also available)
- Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- Vision insurance through VSP
- 401k through The Principal
- AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Generous COMPANY-FUNDED ESOP retirement benefit (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Service anniversary awards at 10 and 20 years
- Access to free and confidential support through The SOURCE (learn more here: grsource.org)
- Opportunities to grow
- Access to the tools and resources you need to do your job well
Want to learn more about current opportunities?